menu close
in this section

As 2018 marks the 150th anniversary of Trent College, we hope you will be able to join us to help celebrate this landmark in the school’s history.

In launching our celebrations, we were honoured to welcome His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex to our school.  Prince Edward unveiled a plaque to commemorate the occasion and delighted in meeting pupils and staff, past and present, during his visit.

Continuing this theme of celebration, a number of events are being held during 2018. The highlight within our programme of anniversary events, the Gala Dinner, is being held at St Pancras International Station, also celebrating its 150th Anniversary during 2018. Details of this event and others, together with booking information, are set out below.

For all event enquiries please click here 

Sporting Dinner - Thursday 1 February 2018

Thursday 1 February 2018
7.30 pm - 11.30 pm
at Trent College

Our Sporting Dinner in this 150th anniversary year will celebrate Trent College sport through the ages.

In school today all students participate in a wide variety of sports with excellent coaching delivered by experts in their field. This enables Trent to receive notable successes at both regional and national level.

Parents, Old Tridents, former and current staff, students and special guests are invited to join us for what promises to be an entertaining evening with speeches from sporting greats.

All welcome.
Tickets: £50 per person, £450 table of 10

​Please click here to book your tickets.

Any proceeds from the sale of tickets to this event will go towards supporting the Kenyan Schools Partnership and the Trent College Foundation.​

London Gala Dinner - Saturday 10 February 2018

London Gala Dinner Saturday 10 February 2018
Searcy’s Grand Champagne Bar & Restaurant
18:30 – Champagne & Canapés (French Wing)
20:00 - Dinner (Searcy’s Restaurant)
23:30 - Carriages 
Dress code: Black tie

It is no coincidence that we have chosen to hold this special event at London St Pancras International Station. With the first train rolling into St Pancras in the early hours of 1st October 1868, the station is also celebrating 150 years of history.

Trent College has links with St Pancras which date back to our Founder, Francis Wright. In 1865 Francis Wright (High Sheriff of Nottingham and Deputy Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire) set the foundation of Trent College into motion. At this time, the Butterley Ironworks Company of Ripley, of which Francis Wright was a partner, was supplying materials for one of the most iconic constructions at St Pancras and which at the time was the largest single span enclosed space in the world, the ‘Barlow Shed’. Recently restored to its original light blue colour, it is under this magnificent roof that our London Gala Dinner takes place.

The highlight of our 150th celebrations, the London Gala Dinner will be a spectacular black tie event celebrating the history and looking to the future of Trent College.

Guests will be delighted by the booming voice of our special guest, Brian Blessed OBE. One of Britain’s best loved actors, Brian is also a published author of 9 books and a keen mountaineer, having climbed Everest reaching a height of 28,000 feet – the highest a man of his age has achieved without oxygen!

All welcome
  Tickets: £75 per person 

Please click here to book your ticket(s)

Heritage tours of St Pancras are available for guests who wish to arrive in the afternoon. Advanced reservation is required as places are limited. Timings for each tour will be confirmed at the time of booking. Please email 150@trentcollege.net to book your tour place(s).

Any proceeds from the sale of tickets to this event will go to the Trent College Foundation.

Spring Concert - Friday 16 March 2018

150th Anniversary Special Spring Concert
Friday 16 March 2018

Albert Hall, Nottingham
7:30pm-9:30pm

An orchestral, choral and jazz spectacular, directed by Director of Music Steven Henderson and performed by Trent College students, staff, Old Tridents and friends, celebrating a range of music from the past 150 years.  Featuring Old Trident and original Drummer with the Spencer Davis Group, Pete York as special guest performer.

All welcome.
Ticket reservations are essential.  Please click here to book.

Whole School Reunion Weekend - 12 & 13 May 2018

Reunion Event
​Saturday 12 May 2018
​Trent College from 11:30am

Old Tridents, former staff, past parents and friends of Trent are invited to join us for a very special weekend at Trent College.

On Saturday there is the opportunity to reunite with friends and teachers, over lunch and an early evening BBQ. You are invited to attend a special chapel service and take tours of the school to see how things have changed, with sports fixtures as the perfect backdrop. We will mark the occasion with a special anniversary reunion photograph. Old Tridents, past parents and former staff.

Tickets £25 per person. 
Ticket bookings opening soon.  ​Please click here if you would like to register your interest in advance.​

Sports Day
​Sunday 13 May 2017
Trent College from 10:30am

We will see the competitive spirit of students past and present and friends of Trent come together on the cricket pitch and netball courts.

Arrange your own teams or let us help you by registering your interest to play. All players can enjoy a breakfast upon arrival, and a traditional Trent College Sports Tea will be served for all.

All welcome.
Register to play in teams or as individuals by emailing 150@trentcollege.net

Rock on the Terrace - Friday 25 May 2018

An outdoor festival of music organised in conjunction with the Trent Parents’ Association. We invite you to join us for this popular family event with live bands, pop-up cafes and family activities.

Bring a picnic and find a spot for your blanket and chairs on the grassy bank overlooking the outdoor stage and Lower Field beyond.

Enjoy live entertainment and the space of our beautiful grounds on a summer’s evening.

All welcome.
Tickets: £10 adult, £5 child (aged 5 to 18)

Family Day - Saturday 9 June 2018

Trent College Family Day
Saturday 9th June 2018
1:30 am - 3.30 pm
at Trent College

The Trent College Family Day is open to all members of the Trent community. Join us, along with your friends and family, at our beautiful campus for an afternoon of fun for all to enjoy. With stalls, food, games, music and attractions, this year’s event also includes the Trent Parents’ Association 150th Anniversary Treasure Hunt, which will journey through the history of Trent College.

All welcome.
This event is free and no booking is required
.

Royal Finale Ball - Saturday 28 September 2018

150th Anniversary Royal Finale Ball
Saturday 29th September 2018
at Trent College

In association with the Trent Parents’ Association, we would like you to join us for this very special event which rounds off a wonderful year of celebrations. As we launched the 150th Anniversary with a visit from His Royal Highness the Earl of Wessex, what better way to end than on a royal theme. Be entertained by Trent College musicians as you arrive to a regal welcome. Enjoy a banquet fit to satisfy any royal palate and dance the night away to the delightful tones of The Jazz Dynamos.

All welcome.
Tickets: £55 per person, £500 table of 10

Any proceeds from the sale of tickets to this event will go to the Trent College Foundation.​

OT Society Annual Dinner - held 11 November 2017

The Eagle has landed! On the evening of Saturday 11 November, Old Tridents, current and former staff, parents and students were in for a real treat as they were delighted to meet ‘from zero to hero’ British Olympian and Ski Jumping Champion, broadcaster, commentator and published author, Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards. 

Guests enjoyed a welcome reception, three course dinner and an after dinner speech and Q&A with Eddie. He entertained guests with anecdotes of the challenges faced in reaching his Olympic dream whilst showing video footage of both his time at Calgary in 1988 and the recent biographical movie starring Taron Egerton and Hugh Jackman. Britain’s most lovable ski jumper was most definitely a popular character, spending a considerable length of time chatting to guests throughout the evening.

​​Click here to view the OT Society Facebook photo gallery.

Members of the OT Society Committee L-R
​Rex Gooding, Nigel White, Jason Billows, (Jo Slater), Eddie Edwards, (Ann Randell), James Gregory, Robin Bowen, David Bladen.

Trent College & The Elms - 'School of 150' Whole School Photograph

On Monday 16 October, we gathered the school community together on a blustery autumnal day to capture a photograph of our whole school including all staff, pupils and students from Pre-school to Sixth Form.

We marked the occasion by planting a ‘Tree of Knowledge’ to become part of The Boarding Schools Association’s National Boarding Orchard.

L-R: Mr Bill Penty, Kyle Alexander (Y13), Mia Lallo (Y12), Mrs Sue Harris, Chessie Schroeder (Y12), Mr Magnus Cowie, Mr David Pinney, Mr Andy Clark (OT/Conservationist), Mr Robin Fletcher (Chief Executive Boarding Schools Association)

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us