menu close
in this section

Our Governing Body.

President

His Grace The 12th Duke of Devonshire CBE

Chair of Governors: Mr Andrew Crompton, LLB, MBA

Andrew is an Old Trident, having attended Trent from 1979 to 1986. He is a qualified solicitor and Group Chief Executive of the Science Navigation Group. Andrew is married with two daughters and lives in West Berkshire. To contact the Chair of Governors please email clerktothegovernors@trentcollege.net

Mr Stephen Anelay, BSc, (Est Man), FRICS Dip BMM

Stephen is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.   He has practised as a Chartered Surveyor in the East Midlands for over 40 years and has extensive experience in property matters, new development, project management and the repair, maintenance and refurbishment of buildings.  He is married with two children.  His son attended Trent College and he also has two grandsons at Trent College.

Mr Gary Bates, BA (Hons)

Gary is the chairman of Serif, the Nottingham-based software company that develops and sells the Affinity range of design and photo editing software worldwide. Gary is married and has three children who all attended The Elms and Trent College and are now Old Tridents. 

Mr Ian Bowness, BA, FCA

Ian is the Financial Director of United Carpets Group.  He is married and his son and daughter are both Old Tridents.

Mr Aidan Butler

Aidan Butler is an Old Trident and attended Trent between 1982-90.  Aidan is an Investment Manager with Standard Life Wealth, heading up their Leeds office.  He has a wife, Kate who is also an Old Trident, as well as 2 teenage children.

Dr Glenn Crocker, MBE DPhil ACA

Glenn Crocker is CEO of BioCity Group Ltd, a biotech incubation and investment business based in Nottingham. He has a DPhil in Immunology from Oxford University and qualified as a chartered accountant with EY, focussing on working with biotech companies in Palo Alto, California and Cambridge, UK, where he headed up the UK Biotech practice for EY. He has four children, all of whom have been or are being educated at Trent.

In 2014 Glenn received an MBE for services to the biotechnology industry.

Mr Anthony Doleman

Tony is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and, prior to starting his own risk management consultancy business during 2015, had spent 35 years working for leading retail banks (including HSBC, first direct, Egg and Ikano) in senior roles with responsibilities covering credit, operational, compliance, money laundering and enterprise risks.  Tony is married to Dawn and they have two boys, one at Trent College and the other is an Old Trident.  He is also a long suffering Derby County supporter.

Mrs Jennifer Ellis, BA (Hons)

Jennifer Ellis (nee Crompton) is an OT and attended Trent from 1989 to 1991.  She is a qualified solicitor and a partner at Straw & Pearce Solicitors. Jennifer has one daughter.

Rev'd Nicky Fenton

Nicky leads a benefice of four rural churches in the Diocese of Derby and acts as Chaplain and educational advisor to the Bishop of Derby.  Before being ordained she was a primary and foundation stage teacher. She is married to Michael and has two teenage daughters.

Dr Richard Field, PhD, MSc, MA, DIC, PGCAP

Richard is Associate Professor in the School of Geography at the University of Nottingham.  Richard is passionate about providing high-quality, well-rounded education.  He brings experience of teaching in the field, including on many tropical scientific expeditions, in the classroom, via projects and interactively online. He is married with a young daughter and a young son.

Mr Neil Finlay

Neil is a former Trent student (1979-1986) and was part of the first cohort of students in Blake House. After leaving Trent he graduated from the University of Birmingham with an honours degree in French and German. Neil started his career in education back at Trent in 1990 and has subsequently worked at schools in Derby, Birmingham and Stafford. For the past 10 years Neil has been Headteacher at a large comprehensive school in Stafford. Neil is married to Joanne and they have two children, Will and Molly. Neil is passionate about sport and retains a love of cricket from his time at Trent where he was vice‑captain of a reasonably successful 1st XI.  Neil coach his son’s U13 football team and, when time allows, enjoys playing golf.

Ms Louise Gray, Cert Ed MA

Louise is Headteacher of Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Junior School in Wakefield.

Mr Ian Griffin

Ian is currently Deputy Head at RGS Springfield in Worcester and is also the Designated Safeguarding Lead there. Before taking up this post, Ian had been a Head of two schools. He is married with a young daughter.

Dr Tim Hammond, PhD, MRCPath, FRSB, FBTS

Tim is an Old Trident, having attended Trent from 1970 to 1973. He is a Research Scientist and worked for 35 years in Research and Development for AstraZeneca before becoming an independent consultant. Tim is a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists and an Honorary Professor at the University of Liverpool. He is married with two sons and lives in South Derbyshire.

Mr Matthew Hannah, BSc, MRICS

Matthew is a Chartered Surveyor and shareholding Director of Innes England, Commercial Property Consultants, with close to 30 years’ experience in the agency and development sector.  Matthew also sits on the Midlands Board of the Investment Property Forum.  He has two children and his daughter is an Old Trident.

Mrs Gill Hinks, BSc(Hons), ACA

Gill is a chartered accountant and currently a director at PwC. She works with a range of organisations including privately owned entrepreneurial businesses, private equity backed companies, charities and has specialised in the Education sector. She is married with three children.

Mrs Sally Rosser

Sally is currently Deputy Head with responsibility for the oversight of Pastoral Care at Rugby School and also the School's Designated Safeguarding Lead.  Sally joined Rugby School in 1992 to assist with the transition to full co-education in 1993 and has run three boarding houses during her time at the School.  Married to Philip, who also teaches at Rugby, they have four children, the youngest of whom is now in the Sixth form at Rugby School.

Mr Chris Swallow BSc(Hons)

Chris is an Old Trident.  He is Managing Director of Creamline Dairies, a keen golfer and married with two children.

Bursar and Clerk to the Governors

Steve Burnham, School Bursar

Miss Emma Lindblom BA(Hons), ACA

(Profile to follow)

Dr C. Paul Nathanail MA, MSc, DIC, PHD, CGeol Euro Geol SiLC

(Profile to follow)

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us