The House magazine competition created an opportunity for all students to get involved in producing a publication to highlight what has happened so far within the House system this school year. It was a chance for everyone to use their creative and journalistic talents to create something meaningful for the school.
The tasks needed to create the magazine were divided up by year group as follows:
1. FRONT COVER & CONTENTS (YEAR 7)
2. THE STORY SO FAR…HOUSE EVENTS (YEAR 10 & 11)
3. INTERVIEW A MEMBER OF HOUSE STAFF (YEAR 9)
4. LEISURE (EXTRA CURRICULAR) (YEAR 9)
5. PUZZLE PAGE (YEAR 8)
6. ARTS REVIEW (MUSIC, FILM, THEATRE, DANCE) (YEARS 10 & 11)
7. AGONY AUNT & ASTROLOGY (YEARS 10 & 11)
The project took 2 weeks and was judged on week 3. The magazines were all printed and given to each tutor group to decide as a team which magazine should be in 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th place.